We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic retail team players to join our team at Royal Robbins in the Seattle, WA area!
WHAT WE OFFER
When you join us at Royal Robbins, expect the following benefits:
- Product allotment twice a year
- 401(k) retirement program with employer match
- Financial wellness program, including financial coaching and loans
- Paid Time Off
- Product discounts and access to our outdoor events
- A sustainable product and operation
The anticipated wage range for this position is starting at $21 per hour.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our adventure offers supervisors the chance to be a part of a growing, dynamic, and driven team that promotes values like sustainability and well-being.
As an on-the-ground ambassador in our retail store, you will promote Royal Robbins' core values, products, and the spirit of exploration and sustainability! Become a brand expert and facilitate our customer’s meaningful and inspiring experiences in the great outdoors.
Our supervisors and retail staff should identify with our brand values and, ultimately, have fun selling and helping our customers. The right match for us loves customer service, learning, and development and brings a positive mindset to the workplace.
This position is a part-time supervisor in our Seattle retail store and reports to the store manager.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The objective of the Supervisor position is to support in managing the day-to-day operations and guest experience. This position ensures the retail store's success, achieving their metrics within the four directions of our company's guiding compass: Nature, Economy, Society, and Well-Being. The position supports staff training, code of conduct, policies, and procedures.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Assisting with managing day-to-day operations
- Helping our customers through education, demonstration, and world-class listening and communication skills
- Act as an ambassador for our brand and our values
- Run a cash register and assist customers in making purchases and processing orders
- Communicate with your team to make sure we deliver excellent customer service
- Stock retail products and assist with order deliveries
- Help keep the store looking great with some light cleaning duties
- Ability to effectively and respectfully collaborate with diverse teams to create a positive shopping experience and inclusive workplace environment for all
- Bend, reach and move about the store and the storage area to assist our customers
WHO YOU ARE
Requirements for this role:
- Communication is your strong suit, and you enjoy helping out customers
- Customer service, patience, and kindness are words that former co-workers and managers would use to describe you
- You are organized and dependable; this means we can count on you to be efficient and do a consistently great job
- Quick and action-oriented (You take action and face challenges as they come, you are not a procrastinator)
- You are a continuous learner and consider yourself tech-savvy
- You care about sustainability and the outdoors- even if you are just getting started in your relationship with nature, you are passionate about the importance of connecting with nature and willing to share that passion with others
- You are open to a variety of shifts that may change a bit with the season and business needs
At Royal Robbins, our values are at our core. To create something lasting and meaningful, we focus on teamwork, a commitment to the environment, and social responsibility. Our employees bring life to our values and keep us rooted in our heritage with a clear direction on where our company is headed.
As you may guess, our passion for the outdoors and an active lifestyle is shared amongst our employees, but this comes in many different shapes and sizes. Whether you are an expert mountaineer or just falling in love with the outdoors, we want to hear from you.
We are also ambitious. Our employees work hard and challenge themselves and each other. With great ambition also comes great humility and authenticity; as a team and company, we are grounded, hard-working, and open.
Check out our core values. Do these align with your own? We are looking for you!
Lead, don’t follow. Referred to as “Royalism,” every employee is reminded to strive for innovation.
Grow our people. The only way to achieve greatness is to develop people around you, and Royal Robbins provides growth and development opportunities based on individual goals.
Be outdoors. Beyond the “work/life balance” is a fulfilling life and regularly enjoying the great outdoors.
Keep on climbing. A common Royal phrase; hit one goal, go for next!
Nutcracker. The name of one of Royal and Liz’s first ascents in Yosemite marks an important evolution in climbing and a symbol for Royal Robbin’s sustainable business practices.
SOUND LIKE A GREAT ADVENTURE!? We were hoping you’d say so. If you fit this profile for our retail salesperson or associate, please do not hesitate to apply now! Applications are processed continuously, and the position can be filled before closing. We look forward to reading your application!