World-renowned climbers, Royal and Liz Robbins, founded the Royal Robbins
brand in California in 1968. Based in San Francisco, California and Louisville, Colorado, the brand is a leading designer, manufacturer, marketer and retailer of outdoor and travel apparel. The company has gained worldwide recognition for its commitment to innovation, style, and utility that maintains an authentic connection to the core consumer.
For those seeking performance-oriented garments, Royal Robbins has built a reputation of integrating technical features with a style and comfort for everyday life. The brand embraces a refined aesthetic and sophistication that is classic, smart and can be worn to ‘go anywhere.’ Royal Robbins’ collection of products can be found in the most respected outdoor and specialty retailers throughout the U.S. and abroad.
Royal Robbins was recently acquired by Fenix Outdoor International AG, a global player in branded outdoor apparel and equipment. Being a part of Fenix Outdoor provides Royal Robbins with one of the larger platforms in the outdoor space to tell their authentic story, reach new consumers, and access new markets at an accelerated pace.
Reporting to the Royal Robbins C.E.O, the Marketing Director will develop and execute marketing strategies and tactics across wholesale, digital, social, PR, retail, ecommerce, D2C Mail Order catalog and partnerships to generate brand awareness and drive consumer demand and engagement for Royal Robbins.
- Identify marketing opportunities in line with company mission and brand
- Research and understand current customer demographics and develop targeted marketing campaigns to build and sustain consumer pull and loyalty.
- Communicate engaging stories to elevate brand messaging, increase brand awareness, and enhance consumer engagement, constantly seeking new opportunities to effectively market the brand.
- Provide tactical direction for all marketing communications including: advertising, promotions, public relations, social media, email marketing, search marketing, events, D2C Mail Order catalog and website. Amplify online, social, PR, events, and campaigns to support a broader consumer base.
- Execute ecommerce marketing plan in conjunction with Fenix North America Ecommerce team to achieve direct to consumer revenue and metrics related to search, engagement, conversion, personalization, and consumer service.
- Develop effective communication and media strategies with to engage consumers and drive sales.
- Set overall organizational policies and priorities in an annual plan for the department. Maintain marketing and promotional calendar, analyzing campaign performance and monitoring performance.
- Develop and maintain strong media relationships and efficiently manage collaboration with marketing and public relations agencies.
- Evaluate and amplify social media platforms to generate brand awareness, drive new customer acquisition, and maintain existing customer loyalty.
- Partner with sales, product and operations teams to develop Go-To-Market strategies and support new product launches.
- Manage and motivate team members, providing coaching for team to execute on a clearly defined marketing and brand communications plan.
- Develop and manage a cost- effective marketing budget.
- 5-7 years marketing experience, preferably with a consumer products/lifestyle brand in the outdoor, sporting goods or fashion channels
- Proven experience in managing complex, integrated marketing strategies and programs across multiple channels in a fast-paced environment
- Hands on player/coach who can lead strategically and while also executing tactics
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence and collaborate across the organization
- Strong operational knowledge of marketing tools & tactics and the ability to align resources to achieve objectives
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, organization, planning, problem-solving and analytical skills
WORKING AT ROYAL ROBBINS
Teamwork is core to the culture at Royal Robbins, and together, employees are focused on creating something lasting.
A commitment to the environment and social responsibility is a primary focus, not only for the business, but also for employees.
Passion for the outdoors and an active lifestyle are shared amongst employees, and there is a collective goal-oriented drive, while remaining grounded, authentic, and humble.
Royal Robbins’ core values are the foundation of their company culture and the following captures what is truly important to them as an organization:
- Lead. Don’t Follow. Referred to as “Royalism” is every employee’s reminder to strive for innovation.
- Grow Our People. The only way to achieve greatness is to develop people around you and Royal Robbins provides growth and development opportunities based on individual goals.
- Be Outdoors. Beyond the “work/life balance” is a fulfilling life and regularly enjoying the great outdoors is highly encouraged.
- Keep on Climbing. A common Royal phrase; hit one goal, go for next!
- Nutcracker. The name of one of Royal and Liz’s first ascents in Yosemite, this marks an important evolution in climbing and a symbol for Royal Robbin’s sustainable business practices.
Salary Range: $105k to $115k
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, STD/LTD, Accident, Critical Illness, 401K with company match, 14 paid holidays, PTO, product and industry discounts.