About Royal Robbins®
Founded in 1968 by world-renowned climbers Royal and Liz Robbins, Royal Robbins is a leading designer, manufacturer and retailer of outdoor apparel. The brand has gained worldwide recognition for its high-quality clothing and commitment to environmental and social responsibility. It has built a reputation of integrating technical features for adventurers seeking performance-oriented garments, but with the style and comfort to cross over into everyday life. Royal Robbins’ collection of men’s and women’s products can be found in outdoor and specialty retail partners throughout the U.S. and abroad. To learn more, please visit www.royalrobbins.com.
The Product Line Manager reports to the Senior Director of Product and supports the Product Team in accordance with the company objectives and values. Plays an integral role in building the line architecture each season and collaborates with cross functional team members and global partners to bring the line to market. Ability to work closely with Product Team and cross functional partners, protecting brand integrity and maintaining gross margin objectives.
- Manage seasonal and category analysis based on historical sales information.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities and long-term product visions for Royal Robbins.
- Creates seasonal roadmap at the beginning of each season to inform price setting through qualitative and quantitative market data and research to meet margin goals and topline figures.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of Merchandising strategies for Global assortment.
- Build and create the line architecture each season, from concept to commercialization across all categories of the business.
- Responsible for maintaining the balance of carryover and new styles as determined by the leadership team, to meet gross margin targets and the company objectives.
- Analyze and research our consumer, market trends and competitive landscape to ensure products stay competitive. Utilize research to provide clear product vision each season to the Design Team.
- Ability to curate and edit a product line. Strong eye for Men’s and Women’s product.
- Partner closely with Demand Planner in buying process and ATS by use of quantified and qualified analysis to purchase correct styles, colors and quantities.
- Partner with Design, Development, Marketing and Sales to bring product to market each season, including presenting at the Sales meetings.
- Works closely with cross functional team to establish and meet seasonal calendar deadlines.
- Owns the Seasonal Salesman Sample order and co-ordinates closely with Marketing and the Sales Team in creating the workbook and sales tools each season.
- Ownership of communication of current and future production line information through PLM system from initial to final stages.
- Track and manage work flow and ensures deadlines are met.
- Manage product information in PLM system from initial input to finalization.
- 5+ years of related professional experience in the apparel industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in apparel, operations, business or related field. Equivalent work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Detail orientated.
- Excellent knowledge of excel and data analysis needed for this position.
- In depth knowledge of product, including materials, costing and experience in fittings.
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to build and foster strong relationships with Design, Tech Design, Sourcing, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service and external partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, influence and find solutions and minimize spin.
- Forward thinking and strategic skills.
- Problem solving abilities and attention to detail and efficiency are essential.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, anticipate demands, communicate status appropriately, and maintain a high level of operational transparency and accountability.
- Experience in PLM systems a plus.
Nice To Have:
- A passion for the outdoors and adventure.
- Experience working with Outdoor Apparel product.
When you join our Trek, you're offered:
- An exciting and challenging job in a forward-leaning culture that rewards ambition and results
- Passionate, mission-driven colleagues who make things happen and help each other along the trail
- A company that values success both for our organization, our society, and our planet
- $80,000 to $85,000 annually
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
STD/LTD, Accident, Critical Illness
- 401K with company match
14 paid holidays, PTO
- Product and industry discounts