Product Design & Development · HQ - San Francisco, CA
About Royal Robbins®
Founded in 1968 by world-renowned climbers Royal and Liz Robbins, Royal Robbins is a leading designer, manufacturer and retailer of outdoor apparel. The brand has gained worldwide recognition for its high-quality clothing and commitment to environmental and social responsibility. It has built a reputation of integrating technical features for adventurers seeking performance-oriented garments, but with the style and comfort to cross over into everyday life. Royal Robbins’ collection of men’s and women’s products can be found in outdoor and specialty retail partners throughout the U.S. and abroad. To learn more, please visit www.royalrobbins.com.
ASSISTANT DESIGNER, (FT)
Working closely with Designer, Product Line Manager and Sr Director of Product, the Assistant Designer will support the product team in the creation of sustainable and versatile Men’s and Women’s lines seasonally. From concept through to production approval in line with the seasonal development calendar.
- Prepares and manages basic flat cads and detail files based on template utilizing Layers, Artboards, and Symbols panels in AI.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of seasonal color and pattern swatch libraries.
- Assist in creation of seasonal Print, Knit and YD patterns and help to build and maintain Mill Sheets.
- Assists with BOM creation and maintenance in PLM system
- Assists with line management in PLM system.
- Attends fitting sessions with manager; assists with note taking and fit follow up including revising sketches and design package as needed.
- Assists in building and maintaining detailed, organized and accurate Visual Line Plans for all categories, utilizing Layers, Artboards, and Swatches panels in AI.
- May assist in researching trends online and in local markets.
- Assist in creation of professional level presentations, both digital and physical, and meeting prep at key milestones.
- Assist in the ongoing building and maintenance of sample and design asset libraries.
- Undertakes special projects and other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of related professional experience/internships in the apparel industry.
- Degree in Fashion or Product Design (or equivalent experience/education).
- Proficient in Adobe CC. Must have EXPERT knowledge in Adobe Illustrator. Strong skills in Photoshop and InDesign a plus.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft programs, advanced skills in PowerPoint and Excel a plus.
- Experience working in PLM software a plus.
- Working knowledge of garment construction, textiles, and awareness of outdoor industry and apparel trends.
- Strong product analysis skills.
- Self-directed, Adaptable, and Solution Oriented.
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills; proofing and efficiency are essential.
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional partners.
Nice To Have:
- A passion for the outdoors, adventure, and sustainable products.
- Experience working in the Outdoor Industry.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, generous PTO accrual and Holiday schedule.